Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Today, We Embark

In less than 24 hours, all 47 members of the North Central Concert Choir tour to Italy will meet at O'Hare to move through the airport together.

Once we worm our way through security and survive the perils of foreign travel terminals, we will be off on our crazy adventure.

In the air, the journey will begin to feel real. Anticipation, excitement and maybe even some nervousness will filter throughout the chattering students.

Finally, we will land. We will rush off the plane, bounding with eagerness to see IT...to see Italy!

That is when we will remember that customs take forever.

After this dreary process, we will regroup at the baggage claim and walk into the Italian night air.

The moment we have all been waiting for.
We are here.
It IS real.
It will feel magical, romantic and delightfully foreign.

That is when the journey will begin.

Until that time, I sit on my computer in my North Central College dorm, waiting, dreaming and anticipating the incredible musical excursion to come.

I will try my best to sleep, but I don't make any promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment